Goliath Games has a very popular kid’s game that you might be able to scoop up this Christmas. You’ll have to be quick because it’s expected to be a big seller. It’s called Doggie Doo.
The object of the game is to feed the dog, make it poop and pick the poop up. Good news. You’re supposed to use a shovel. The winner is the first person to have three slices of creppe on their spade.
The “game” was invented 15 years ago but, strangely, games companies weren’t keen on making it. However, in 2009 Goliath made a success out of Pop the Pig. So the decision to take Doggie Doo to Europe was made (or Kackel Dackel as he’s known as in Germany).
10 reasons to buy Doggie Doo
Here’s Geek Native’s top 10 reasons why you should buy the Doggie Doo game of poop shoveling for your children.
- It teaches the kids about the responsiblity of owning a dog.
- It teaches the youngest kids that good things come to those who shovel poop from the streets
- It teaches kids that shoving stuff into a dog’s mouth is a game.
- Kids who play the game for more than a month receive a lifetime +1 bonus to sanity checks but -1 sanity from their total pool
- The ‘dog food’ in the game is non-toxic
- Researching alternative tactile games for kids is really hard
- You’ll have a place to hide stuff that no one will ever check
- Think about all the comments your Facebook Christmas photos will generate!
- Doggie Doo might be a better gift than a drum kit
- It’s one of the few games you can buy where you need to build your own die