Sony’s streaming platform Crunchyroll is having a big month. It’s called Ani-May, and they’ve signed up HMV.
I’m old, it’s okay, I’m okay with it, but it also means I can remember when anime was really rare in the UK. The one retailer which used to stock any was HMV, and you had to rummage through the deepest darkest corners of the store.
In Ani-May, HMV will be selling Attack on Titan, JUJUTSU KAISEN, My Hero Academia, and Toilet Bound Hanako-kun merch in over 100 locations. If you’re near one of them, look out for toys, homeware, footwear, accessories and clothing.
If you’re not near an HMV, then read on as other retailers are lined up, and Crunchyroll’s own store is always open.
I’d get an Attack on Titan mug with a titan appearing to burst through, or what about Jujutsu Kaisen cursed gloves – missing fingers for smartphone use? Just me? Oh, okay.
Ani-May in May
That’s not all, as Ani-May also features;
- Hot Topic – Hot Topic celebrates Ani-May with anime window takeovers, merchandise, and a special offer. Fans who purchase anime items in May get a free 30-day trial of Crunchyroll Premium. Available in all US and Canada stores now.
- Games Academy Funside -Games Academy Funside has a new collection of products for Italian anime fans, with a Crunchyroll gift for in-store purchases. More surprises await online shoppers.
- FNAC España – FNAC Spain’s stores in Valencia and Barcelona will showcase Ani-May with official merchandise and a chance to win a 30-day trial of Crunchyroll Premium throughout May.
- FNAC France – FNAC Ternes in Paris is part of Ani-May, offering branded products like figurines, accessories, and more. Customers can enter to win a 30-day subscription to Crunchyroll Premium.
- Piticas – Piticas, a store focusing on speciality apparel and accessories, is set to showcase Ani-May products in more than 400 retail locations throughout Brazil.
- Cuidado con el Perro – Cuidado con el Perro is bringing joy to anime fans in Mexico by offering a wide range of merchandise featuring their favourite anime series at over 200 retail locations.
- Falabella – During Ani-May and beyond, Falabella, a leading department store in Chile, Colombia, and Peru, will offer a vast array of anime merchandise.
- Thalia – One of the top booksellers in Germany, Thalia has exciting plans to showcase manga and Ani-May marketing activations.
Brave explorer? Follow this link and you'll discover a random page on Geek Native.