Edinburgh-based Sam Zhao is back on Kickstarter for the 20th time and brings the idea to have cups that are also dice boxes, or dice boxes, that can also hold liquid and take a straw. Or, if that sounds weird, milk cartons with hidden lids to store dice.
There are just under three weeks left for the campaign to run, and the target of £500 has been smashed with more than £10,000 pledged. Sam wooed and won Kickstarter love with this one, and you can check out the pitch.
The bubble tea inspiration is clear, but Sam says he’d call their invention a dice box that looks like a cup, as its primary purpose is to store dice.
I think the tech specs are pretty impressive;
- The lid is screwed on, with a 1mm hole in the middle that fits a straw but will prevent dice bigger than 12mm from falling out.
- Comes with a removable acrylic separator that divides the storage space of the box into 4 sections.
- Maximum Capacity: 50 standard-size polyhedral dice (with acrylic flavour separator removed).
- Box/Cup Material: Triton
- Comes with Box Sticker Sets
- Single: £8/$9.89 each (20% off Retail Price)
- Set of 3: £21/$25.2 per set (30% off Retail Price)
- Set of 6: £40/$48.99 per set (33% off Retail Price)
In the usual way, you can help the crowdfunding project by sharing it with friends, and Sam’s set the first reward at a low £1. At that tier, backers get access to add-ons to decide what they want from the campaign later.
A bubble tea dice box of any one colour is the reward for £8, but there’s shipping to take into consideration. There’s an incentive for going large as there are three for £21, and all being well, these rewards will be shipped long before Christmas.
Not enough? £40 for six bubble tea dice boxes. That means the milk cartons, which I like more, and the other extras are all add-ons, but that £1 tier puts them within easy reach.
Sam’s estimated the campaign would be delivered by July.
See any comments you like below? Give them a thumbs up in the rating system.