R. Talsorian Games used to publish a magazine for Cyberpunk 2020 called Interface.
I found a copy of Volume 2, Issue 1 on eBay with an asking price of about $50/£35. Any old copies lying around on the shelves somewhere? They might be worth a tidy penny now.
In a blog update, R. Talsorian Games yesterday announced Interface RED for Cyberpunk RED.
Volume one will be two-fold, with one part being the packed up DLC content, the PDF freebies they’ve been releasing, and the second part being all-new content. Those incoming extras are expected to include stats for the Zhirafa GRAF3, which you’ll definitely remember from the RPG’s art. The GRAF3 has more militant cousin units, and those will get details and stats too.
If Interface RED Volume 1 does well enough, then RTG’s goal is to make it a semi-regular product.
The core Cyberpunk RED rules certainly seem to be doing well enough, having none of the sequel computer game’s launch dramas. The second print run is sold out, and RTG have none left in their warehouse, but your friendly local game store may have.
A third print is lined up, which will make some fixes and edits. We’re told the most significant are;
- Page 102 and 356: The cost of High Fashion jewelry has been changed to 5,000 (Luxury).
- Page 121: The chapter subheader has been changed to read 2023 (22 Years Ago).
- Page 145: In the Charismatic Impact in Action sidebar, the DV for influencing the bartender has been changed from DV10 to DV8.
- Page 181: A Data Pop was added. It reads: Damage caused by environmental factors like fire and radiation cannot cause Critical Injuries. Neither can poisons, drugs, or biotoxins unless their description specifically says they can.
- Page 186: The word still has been removed from the Taking Damage rulebox. Ablation only occurs if the amor is penetrated and the target takes damage to their HP.
- Page 363: The text for Grafted Muscle and Bone Lace now reads: Increases BODY by 2. The increase changes HP, Wound Threshold, and Death Save. Multiple installments stack. Cannot raise BODY above 10.
- Page 412: The Boosterganger’s BODY and Death Save have been changed to 2. All other numbers remain the same.
- Page 415: The Security Officer has been updated. They now have Stealth 8 (6) and Tactics 6 and an SP of 12 for both Head and Body Armor.
- All instances of Danger Girl have been changed to reflect the company’s actual name, Danger Gal.
The PDF copy of the game will be updated only once the third print run is a bit closer to release. We don’t have a date for that, though.
We do have a date for the Cyberpunk RED Data Screen, the four-panel GM screen for the game. RTG has had some problems with that, with the first attempt failing their quality tests and being sent back to press. The latest printing has done better, and RTG has sent it on to distributors.
Let us know what you think in the discussion area below.