If you’ve bought the first edition of either, then the upgrade is free and already in your account. Both books are Electrum best-sellers at DriveThruRPG.
Wasteland Wanderers is a 136-paged set of D&D 5th edition rules for players that give them post-apocalyptic character options.
The download contains species, classes, backgrounds feats and character touches to help bring (and keep) the survivor alive.
The ten playable races included are;
- Humans are found everywhere in the wasteland but are no longer dominant. They can come from several origins: Bunker Buddies and Bunker Survivors emerge from protective bunkers into the wasteland, while Wastelanders are born in the ashes of the old world.
- Bantamites are humanoids who mutated over generations to become shorter, sturdily-built people.
- Biosynths are artificial humanoids created by a secret organisation to spy on the people of the wasteland.
- Cats are beasts which make for affectionate if sometimes fickle friends. Sub-species include the Wasteland Cat and the Experimental Cat.
- Dearg Dubh are mutant humanoids who resemble vampires of legend.
- Dogs are beasts that can be loyal companions to other wasteland wanderers. Sub-species include the Hound, the Ogre Hound, and the Experimental Hound.
- Morlocks are mutant humanoids who evolved through a combination of radiation exposure and generations of living in the dark.
- Ogres are powerful mutant humanoids initially created in experiments to make a super-soldier.
- Robots are machines designed to perform tasks assigned by their creators, but who may now be living an independent existence in the wasteland. Models include the Butlerbot, the Commbot, the Furson, the Mr/Mrs Helper, the Private Helper, the Protectorbot, the Securibot, and the Gen 5 Synthbot.
- Rotters are humans who have mutated into ghoulish husks after surviving severe or repeated radiation exposure.
Wasteland Wares is another 5th edition compatible supplement and reaches to 158-pages in length.
This download contains equipment, but also player options and rules designed to make it easier and better to run post-apocalyptic RPGs.
- Guidance on the Wasteland economy, power sources, damage types, and resource scarcity.
- Rules for crafting and repairs.
- Lists of armour, power armour, weapons, armour and weapon modifications, explosives, ammunition, and masses of miscellaneous gear.
- Chems (drugs) and optional rules for addiction.
- Food, drink, and alcohol, as well as rules for sustenance and drunkenness.
- A table of Wasteland trinkets.
- Descriptions and costs for various service industries, trade goods, and livestock that might be available in the wasteland.
- A selection of robot statblocks.
- Rules for cybernetics enhancements and implants.
- Weird properties you can add to weapons and armour.
- Rules for handling radiation, ammo tracking, equipment breakdowns, and randomly generating loot.
Your considerate thoughts are welcome. Do you have something to add to this article? Please let us know in the comments below.