Critical Role, the hugely successful actual play team, want to leave the world a better place than they found it – although I hope they’re not going anywhere.
The D&D gamers have created the Critical Role Foundationa as a 501(c)3 non-profit organisation. In other words; it’s an organisation that can collect donations (100% tax-deductible in the US) and work with charities.
Where does the Critical Role Foundation money go?
85% of any money you give the Critical Role Foundation will go to charity partners, which are listed below. 10% is put aside for emergencies, and 5% is spent costs (such as wages and other bills).
- 826LA a non-profit which supports students aged 6 to 18 with creative skills.
- OSD a non-profit that helps veterans with social connectivity, professional development and offers community service.
- Red Nose Day which helps fight child poverty and the damage it does.
- The pablove foundation which fights childhood cancer.
- OutRight Action International which defends LGBTIQ people around the world.
The campaign right now is for the Native Youth & Culture Fund to raise money and help communities of Americans who have been hit hard by COVID-19.
You can donate here.
Join the site discussions by leaving a comment below.