Strange Machine Games today started taking pre-orders for the Robotech: The Macross Saga roleplaying game.
The pre-order gives gamers a chance to secure one of the alternative or premium edition covers to the game. You can find the link to the alternative cover pre-order page here. Other variants of the game can be pre-ordered from SMG’s shop.
Gamers will be able to play as one of the franchise’s Macross Saga Characters or create their own. There are seven different career templates in the RPG.
- Pilot – as either a Veritecht fighter pilot or as one of the Zentraedi.
- Entertainer – charm friends, dazzle the enemy!
- Spy – steal through shadows and convince people you are their friend.
- Marine – Sent in to do the hard work.
- Technician – Scientists, doctors and mechanics. You keep everyone else going.
- Officer – Command your own naval vessel and heap on the stress.
- Volunteer – Doing what you can because it’s the right thing to do.
The game will also let players pick any mecha, vehicle or naval vessel from the Macross Saga and use it in the game (if their character can get their hands on it, that is).
There are 150 original illustrations in the book and a free PDF copy (via DriveThruRPG) with each purchase.
The core rules include a 50-page scenario section which details out the Robotech: Macross Saga. The system also copes with naval level action.
It’s expected that the books in this pre-order will ship late in December of this year.
Geek Native welcomes thoughtful comments from our favourite readers. Join in below.