The game is the result of Christian Nommay’s successful Kickstarter, and I think the pitch video does a great job at bringing the game to life. Let’s check it out.
Geek Native’s exclusive preview of the game begins with a comic strip showing some werecreatures in action against troops in Afghanistan.
The preview introduces SPEAR (Special Executive Assault and Recon) as an organisation whose agents battle to protect the world from biological and paranormal threats.
Here’s some of the factions that the agents of SPEAR are up against;
- The Olympians – Evolved from the East India Company, this secret group works to establish a world government and has a stranglehold on most of the world’s media and banks.
- Areas – One of the most powerful private military forces in the world, ARES specialises in biotechnology and operates the shapeshifting Neo-Thelanthrope program and the Chimera program.
- The Directorate – Created to build a new Soviet Russia dominated by psychics. It is the Directorate who run the terrifying Baba Yaga unit.
- Typhon – A terrorist organization with a posthuman agenda. Many of its members are ex-Chimera and ex-Neo-Thelanthrope members.
- Order of the Holy Mystery – A secret organisation within the Roman Catholic Church with a mission to
elimatepsychic and bio-augmented threats.
Titan Effect preview
If you want to see more then there are two more options.
Both of these options are free.
More Titan Effect
The RPG is the first part in a larger transmedia project. That’s more than just fighting talk as there’s already Titan Effect: Legacy a comic book written by Christian Nommay and illustrated by Vargasni.
There’s even a Titan Effect soundtrack by Maxime Herve called “Between Besat and Overman”.
Thoughts? Can you contribute to this article? Share your insight in the comments below.