The co-creator of Fighting Fantasy Steve Jackson will be at The Gadget Show Live. Ian Livingstone, co-creator, of Fighting Fantasy, will also be there. Both of them. Wow.
In fact, the life president of Eidos and gaming god Jackson are not the only huge gaming names coming to the April 2012 show. Here’s the full list:
- Ian Baverstock, founding partner, Tenshi Ventures, and advisory board member, Game Developers Conference
- Cliff Bleszinski, design director, Epic Games
- Jon Hare, founder, Tower Studios
- Steve Jackson, co-creator, “Fighting Fantasy” series and professor of game design, Brunel University
- Ian Livingstone OBE, co-creator, “Fighting Fantasy” series and life president, Eidos
- Professor Carsten Maple, director of business education interaction, TIGA
- Peter Molyneux OBE, founder, 22 Cans
- Dr. Jo Twist, chief executive officer, The UK Interactive Entertainment Association (UKIE)
- Jon Yates, director of product development, City & Guilds
They’ll be at the show to join the ‘Make Something Unreal Live’ advisory board comprised of industry mentors and Train2Game directors to review the program’s new “Fighting Fantasy™” iOS games.
Steve Jackson said;
““Fighting Fantasy’ has in the past been used by school teachers as inspiration for creative writing exercises but this is the first time the teaching exercise has been to create a fully-featured video game,”
“Ian and I are impressed with what we’ve seen of the students’ work so far, and we are looking forward to seeing the final results.”
Geek Native will be at The Gadget Show Live this year – without press passes but present with a camera – watch the blog for photographs and reviews.