Geek Native has been fortunate enough to work with DriveThruRPG again this year to list the best selling titles on the tabletop RPG retailer’s site.
Last year we started with the best selling fantasy RPGs, and we’re doing that again in 2022.
This league table looks at the top 20 RPG products published this year and submitted to the fantasy genre category. That’s an honour-based categorisation.
Best selling fantasy RPGs of 2022
- Winds of Magic by Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
- Fabula Ultima TTJRPG by Need Games
- Tome of Adventure Design (Revised) by Mythmere Games
- EZD6 Core Rulebook by RUNEHAMMER GAMES
- WFRP: Up in Arms by Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
- Adventures in Rokugan by EDGE Studio
- The Lazy DM’s Companion by SlyFlourish
- Dwarrowdeep OSR by Greg Gillespie
- A Tome of Chaos by R. Talsorian Games Inc.
- Rolemaster Core Law (RMU) by Iron Crown Enterprises
- WFRP: The Imperial Zoo by Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
- Shadowrun: Sixth World Companion (Core Character Rulebook) by Catalyst Game Labs
- Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game by Magpie Games
- Warhammer Age of Sigmar Soulbound: Champions of Destruction by Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
- The Dread Thingonomicon by Raging Swan Press
- WFRP: Sea of Claws by Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
- Coyote & Crow Core Rulebook by Coyote & Crow LLC
- The One Ring™ Strider™ Mode by Free League Publishing
- WFRP: Salzenmund: City of Salt and Silver by Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd.
- MIDNIGHT – Legacy of Darkness by EDGE Studio
Congratulations to Cubicle 7! The Warhammer publisher has the number one slot with the platinum best seller Winds of Magic and five other top 20 placings.
From the shattered warpgates at the poles of the world raw energies of Chaos flow into the world, powering works of sorcery and sustaining Daemonic entities. This is magic in a pure but unstable form. Thanks to the wise counsel of Teclis, greatest of the High Elf Mages, Human wizards have learned to draw upon a single facet to work with a form of sorcery which is relatively safe, but still capable of feats of vast power. These isolated strands of raw magical energy are known as the Winds of Magic.
Winds of Magic is a sourcebook for Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play that details the eight colleges of magic in the Empire.
EDGE, the Asmodee studio picking up the giant publisher’s RPGs, gets two placements with Adventures in Rokugan and the 5e game where in the evil lord wins MIDNIGHT – Legacy of Darkness.
🤖AI Disclosure. Software helped create images in this post. Geek Native's AI Content Policy.
Looking for the comment section? It's just below.