Thought Bubble, a comic book festival that started in a basement back in 2007 and has now grown to a significant event, wants to encourage more people to read comic books.
With Comic Book Drive the organisers are coordinating a donation and redistribution program. Fans can donate comic books, just 1, 100 or more (but email in for significant donations). The event will put the pre-loved comics into the hands of schools, libraries and charitable organisations across the UK.
Comic Book Driveve donation points
There will be a drop-off point at the Thought Bubble itself when the comic convention runs at the Harrogate Convention Centre on the 13th and 14th of November.
Furthermore, a local store, Destination Venus, and event co-sponsor Travelling Man also take comic books, acting as drop-off points for the Comic Book Drive.
- Travelling Man Leeds, 32 Central Rd, Leeds LS1 6DE
- Travelling Man Manchester, 4 Dale St, Manchester M1 1JW
- Travelling Man York, 74 Goodramgate, York YO1 7LF
- Travelling Man Newcastle, 43 Grainger St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5JE
- Destination Venus, Westgate House, Station Parade, Harrogate HG1 1HQ
The drive will carry on until the end of the year, and you can donate at these local drop-off points until then.
If you work for a school, or library, or a charity that might benefit from the Comic Book Drive then please email Thought Bubble.
Take part in the Geek Native community by leaving a comment below.