Having written covered the news of Wizards of the Coast putting a prejudice warning on some old D&D products and sharing homebrew stats for a magic wheelchair in D&D, I’ve spent the following days deleting abusive comments from gammon convinced that, as a result, someone is going take their D&D collection away from. I can testify that only mentioning “Diversity”, and “D&D” together becomes a fulltime job.
Perhaps Wizards of the Coast agree, they’ve found the cash to hire a for Senior Manager Diversity Equity & Inclusion.
Want to take this chance to work for WotC? You’d need to quality;
Are you an experienced Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leader (DE&I) who seeks to build fun, innovative organizations, where people can come to work and bring their whole selves?
Are there many experienced DE&I leaders in the tabletop gaming space? I hadn’t heard the phrase until yesterday. You’ll need at least 7 years of human resource experience.
What will you do? The job listing explains;
- Partner with Wizards’ Leadership to improve our strategic DE&I plan & identify new opportunities to integrate and amplify diverse perspectives within our processes and products.
- Deliver learning experiences to develop leaders, managers and employees in an equitable fashion that builds a more inclusive environment.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to build internal and external partnerships that help attract and amplify under-represented perspectives.
- Create and moderate safe spaces for honest and practical dialogue around DE&I while challenging conventional wisdom.
- Evaluate and report the effectiveness of our diversity activities and their impact on both culture and business results.
- Research, design, and implement best-in-class industry DE&I practices to support an inclusive environment, where employees bring their full selves to work.
- Support and empower our outstanding Employee Resource Groups, helping them deliver their goals while growing the feedback loop to WOTC leadership.
What do you think? Measured observations are welcome and you can leave them in the comment section below.