In a post today, Roll20’s co-founder and current CEO Nolan T Jones announced he would be stepping aside as CEO. Nolan remains an advisor, co-owner and super-fan.
The interview is really about Ankit’s gaming experience, which is appropriate, but Haunted West and Coyote & Crow both get call outs. Ankit also mentions the Roll20 roadmap for 2022, and we know a little about that.
What’s coming next for Roll20 users?
- A free GM Hub microsite within Roll20, with GM resources from across the internet, including numerous system-agnostic tools useful for tabletop players both on and off the platform.
- Top-requested improvements from users to the VTT, including UI improvements and new features for GMs.
- Updates to the performance and speed of the website for both players and GMs.
- Ongoing tweaks to the recently launched mobile app.
- Updates to onboarding new games and artwork to the Marketplace for publishers and artists.
The update also reveals that Roll20 hit 10 million users after the pandemic-powered growth, with half of that reaching the platform since March 2020.
Ankit Lal comes from Google and CloudPass. At Google, Ankit was the product and business strategy lead for G Suite (now called Google Workspace), but he’s not new to Roll20. He’s been involved as an advisor since 2021.
Roll20’s incoming CEO is also a lecturer for Stevens Institute of Technology and Columbia University in New York.
Scroll down to the comment box below to join in the discussion.