Ascendancy – Rogue Marshal is an RPG from Broken Tower that came out in March 2012 and makes use of the FateStorm RPG system.
FateStorm itself is a system that took five years to build, was inspired by Jung, Joseph Campbell, tarot and astrology and is described as a “virtual reality system”.
Steam and Steel is the first sourcebook for Ascendancy – Rogue Marshal and is available for download.
The sourcebook provides details on extra technologies – including steam and clockwork tech, as well as magical machines and accompanying skills like “merchanartis” that merge technology and magic together.
The book is a supplement for the adept vocation and provides new paths for the adepts to follow, extra assets and advanced weaves that an adept can use.
Geek Native reached out to Tim Westhaven and asked for a cheeky peak inside the book. He was kind enough to supply the following.
The official list of extras is:
- Details of past and present technological advances
- Special benefits from adept-only organisations
- The technoshaman in greater detail
- Five new prowess
- Three new talents
- New allies, possessions and personalities perfect for the old hand or newbie adept
- Four new adept vocations
- New equipment and weapons
- Making cogmetich, biometich and asseametich machines
- How to design and build cogolems and WarGear
- 7 new assea weaves tailored to the versatile adept
- Rules for WarGear piloting and combat
- 4 WarGear profiles from the Ministry of Arms ‘Ironjaws’ special forces.
- Lots of new art
You can also preview the PDF at Drivethru RPG.