A little late with this news but the winners of the 2012 Origin Awards are out.
One was Wizards of the Coast – winning for Best Collectable Card Game or Expansion and for Best Board Game. Surprised? The other was Catalyst Game Labs for Best Game Accessory and Best Miniatures Rules or Expansion.
- Best Game Accessory :: Shadowrun Runner’s Toolkit from Catalyst Game Labs
- Best Play by Mail or Correspondence Game :: Heroic Fantasy from Flying Buffalo
- Best Game-Related Publication :: The Kobold Guide to Board Game Design from Open Design
- Best Historical Miniatures Rules or Expansion :: Flames of War: Cassino from Battlefront Miniatures
- Best Historical Miniatures Figure or Line :: Bolt Action WW2 from Warlord Games
- Best Historical Board Game :: Strike of the Eagle from Academy Games
- Best Traditional Card Game :: Nuts! from Wildfire
- Best Collectible Card Game or Expansion :: Magic the Gathering: Innistrad from Wizards of the Coast
- Best Miniatures Rules or Expansion :: Battletech: The Wars of Reaving from Catalyst Game Labs
- Best Miniatures Figure or Line :: Storm Strider from Privateer Press
- Best Roleplaying Game :: Arcanis from Paradigm Concepts
- Best Roleplaying Supplement or Adventure :: Shadows Over Scotland for Call of Cthulhu from Cubicle 7
- Best Family, Party or Children’s Game :: Get Bit! from Mayday Games
- Best Board Game :: Conquest of Nerath from Wizards of the Coast